Every pregnant woman is thinking about breastfeeding. Some of moms-to-be decided refuse breastfeeding (which I believe a big mistake), the others want to feed their newborns. As a mom I can share some secrets of breastfeeding that can help you.
- The sooner your baby will be put on your breast the better. The best way is if you can give several drops of breast milk just after baby birth. This is very important for you and your baby.
- Ask specialist in breast feeding to show you how to feed you baby – it is very important the baby takes your breast correctly. This will help you to avoid cracks in the nipple and problems during the lactation.
- Feed your baby when it wants not when you think it is time to eat.
- Do not feed your baby with a bottle – if you need to feed it not with your breast do this with a little spoon.
- Try to relax before breastfeeding
- Eat more fruits and vegetables and try to follow special diets for mothers
- Try to have a good rest especially during first weeks after baby birth. Sleep when your baby sleep. Do not try to do all housework when you are very tired and want to sleep.
- Do some easy exercises, especially for your breast.
- Feed your baby during the night – this helps lactation.
- Believe in your success in breastfeeding.